Monday, August 25, 2014

The Nonesuch

1309021
Dear Readers,
I would like to introduce you to one of my new favorite Heyer novels: The Nonesuch.
This was one of Heyers more "involved" novels, in that there was more plot, character growth, and drama in comparison to her usual humor-filled style. (Don't get me wrong- this was still funny and made me laugh- that just wasn't the focus.) 
This cast of characters is very wide-ranging! Tiffany made me livid, Laurie made me smile, Patience was a dear, Lindith was refreshing in that his character grew and matured very nicely and he wasn't stupid like I feared he would be; Ancilla was a very relate-able heroine and one of the best I've read yet, Sir Waldo (let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that she named her *hero* Waldo...that's just wonderful in it's randomness.) is such a gentleman and I loved him from start to finish! 
This is one of Heyers more applicable stories, causing you to come away from each character having learned something; to look deeper than a persons appearance, to assist others simply for the fulfillment of the thing and not for what you can get from it, to hold fast to your standards even when it's hard, and to talk things through- to not blow over situations that could be so easily cleared up by communication. 
I would recommend this to all Regency fans, and for those newly-embarking on the Heyer Adventure as a first experience; you won't regret it!

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment