Thursday, September 4, 2014

A Kiss of Adventure

513728
What an epic adventure! It's been a long time since a book had me on the edge of my seat, frantic to know what will happen next and just as frustrated as the characters in their desperate search for the treasure of Timbuktu. 
This book had a gripping plot, all sorts of characters- some that become like family as the story progresses, and make you miss them when it ends-, a moving and "tissues-required" redemption scene, and a profound message on the importance of discovering where our treasure is laid up. (Matthew 6:21)
I don't read many modern-era stories- especially in a desert or jungle setting- but this was highly recommended to me by a family member and so I gave it a try. I am sooooo glad I did!!! This book was truly riveting and had me from the first page! I found myself getting more and more interested in the setting and culture (which were very well-researched and vivid) and looking forward to the rest of the series.
I appreciated that the spiritual content was woven all through-out the book and that it was so real! The characters dealt with struggles just like we all do, and had doubts and fears like everyone else; the way they handled these challenges was encouraging to me and I grew just by "going through it with them" and applying the analogies and word-pictures to my own life. 
I highly recommend this to any fans of historical, inspirational, romantic (and clean!) adventure fiction!

Sincerely,

2 comments:

  1. It's been a long while since I read this book... You've made me want to read it again. ;)

    ReplyDelete