Friday, February 14, 2014

Where Courage Calls


18652830
Where Courage Calls was a sweet story of faith and love, and I enjoyed the nice, quick, easy read. However, to me it lacked depth. I felt like you never really got beyond an acquaintance with any of the characters besides Beth, and I kept wondering if there was really much of plot, because it didn't really start til after halfway through. But when it did it moved quickly and was enjoyable! It was strange to read during the turn of the era; Coal Valley felt like a western/prairie town, and Beths hometown in Toronto was all up to date with the roaring 20's! A huge contrast. But it wasn't anything against the book, because like I said, times were changing- it was just strange to read it! :)
My favorite character was Molly- the mother-hen figure in the story. (I usually end up loving those!)
I was really pleased with how everything turned out with "Beth's torn heart between two young men". ;) And also, that the romantic theme didn't overpower or get annoying.
It was clear that this book was written for the Hallmark TV series. With that in mind, I was able to enjoy it and look past the little things that seemed missing. 
A nice weekend read. :)

Sincerely,


No comments:

Post a Comment