Sunday, November 23, 2014

Cue for Treason

2603801
This was a brilliant and intricate story and I highly enjoyed it! It has been some time since I read a Tudor themed novel and, even though this is mainly for Young Adults, I LOVE the setting, the plot, and the Shakespeare/players tie-in. Some of the plot twists were a little predictable, but I was impressed with how many plot twists the author could fit into one book without it seeming repetitive! 
This book has great characters- the very last paragraph made me SO happy! (But you have to have read the whole thing for it to be so sweet and wonderful, so no looking ahead. ;))
Interesting descriptions of the Cumberland countryside lent an authentic feel to this gripping and mysterious tale of a young boy determined to put a stop to a band of treasonous men if it's the last thing he does- which, in a few cases, it almost is!  
Any and all historical fiction (Elizabethan/Shakespearean) lovers will enjoy this book, and I would especially recommend to YA boys. 

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment