Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Temporary Betrothal

13548111
This was a quick and fluffy read. Enjoyable, but quite shallow- both in regards to the spiritual content as well as character development. There were a few times that suddenly a character would be more mature or changed in some way and I would think to myself "when did that happen?". Also, in the beginning, I was of the impression that Sophie was an unbeliever, and then about a third of the way through (after attending church once for the first time since she was little) suddenly it seemed that she was saved...at least...that's what I gathered. The cliche misunderstanding/anti-communication plot twist was a bit illogical and I didn't understand what the big deal was. 
My favorite characters were Harriet and Brookes, and Lucy - I would like to read her story and find out how things went with ensign Rowland. :)
Overall I don't regret reading this clean and quick regency, but I enjoyed A Rumored Engagement by the same author more.

Sincerely,



No comments:

Post a Comment