Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wonderland Wednesdays: Stories About Sisters

Here are 5 of my favorite stories about sisters! Read any/all of them? :)
~*~
341288
Little Women has always been one of my favorite books! The 4 march sisters pretty much parallel me and mine, making it relatable as well as enjoyable. :) <3
~*~
18812463
I recently read this one and- though it wouldn't appear to- it has a really sweet sister-relationships theme. The 3 sisters in this story are very close and trust each other completely- super encouraging and cute. 
~*~
6605715
These 2 sisters are definitely "real life" sisters- very relatable! ;P Ariana and Beatrice have lots of opposites and differences of opinion- and your typical older sister wanting to lead little sister but little sister wanting to grow up and do things herself. In the end they learn how to "meet in the middle" and stay close through their changing lives.
~*~
5976
It's been a while since I read this one, but I remember really enjoying it and that it was super sweet and touching! Again, lots of opposites and learning to cope with each others different personalities. It was unique in that it wasn't the cliche beautiful/spoiled younger sister and plain/sensible older sister who can't stand each other. Glenna was a literary breath of fresh air- pretty, but sweet. ;) Lots of growth and learning here.
~*~
And of course-
14935
Gotta have some Jane Austen! (and Pride and Prejudice was too obvious. ;)) I've always loved this sister story! However...I'll admit...*deep breath* I did enjoy the (BBC 2008) movie better than the book. *gasp* Yes, I know- it's bad! 
But, there it is. :P
These girls portrayals of Elinor and Marianne are so great and accurate! Again, very relatable. ;)
~*~
Have a very wonderful Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like some good sister-books. I've only watched movie/ television show adaptions of "Little Women" and "Sense and Sensibility," and I liked the sibling relationships in them. It has been awhile (years!) since I've read "The Blue Bird and The Sparrow." It's not one of Janette Oke's stories that I see mentioned much, but it was a good read that I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched the 2008 version of Sense and Sensibility!! <3
      ~Alice

      Delete
  2. I have read both Little Women and S&S both a few times.The two regency romances are my to read list(the authors are I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will really enjoy them! :D
    ~Alice

    ReplyDelete