Monday, February 9, 2015

Against the Tide

13511369
It took me a few days to get back to this review because I couldn't think of much to say that I hadn't already said in my review for The Lady of Bolton Hill. Against the Tide had all of the incredible elements that the other did! Elizabeth Camden really has a way with words and historical detail that are completely captivating. 
This was the first novel I've ever read where one of the main characters has a drug addiction and must realize it and overcome- the unique and real life twist made it all the more grievous and compelling, as the reader gets drawn in and comes to understand the impossibility of the hero and heroine finding happiness so long as the situation remains.
I'm so glad Bane had his own story because he was one of my favorite characters in the previous novel (well, towards the end. ;))!
Very well done - I look forward to reading Camden's other works. 

I would recommend this novel for more mature readers, due to drug use and some violent speech.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment