Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Home for My Heart

17350821
"Sadie Sillsby works as the assistant to the matron at the Raystown Home for Orphan and Friendless Children and dreams of the day she’ll marry her beau, Blaine. But when the matron surprises everyone by announcing her own engagement, Sadie is suddenly next in line for the job. For a young woman who was once an orphan herself, a shot at such an esteemed position is a wish come true.
But the matron of the Home cannot be married. Is Sadie willing to give up her dreams of a life with Blaine and a family of her own? Is she prepared to forego daily involvement with the children as she manages the finances and logistics of the ministry? And when it’s revealed that the Home is spending a lot more money than it’s taking in, can Sadie turn things around before the place is forced to close forever?"

Written in the simple, but compelling style of Janette Oke, Anne Mateer weaves a sweet, heartwarming story of faith, sacrifice, and loyalty.
Miss Sadie Sillsby made a charming heroine with a strong faith and a touching passion for children! I found myself able to relate to her in some ways, from her love for kids to her exasperation with math! 
I really enjoyed her enemy-to-friend relationship with Miranda, and Mrs Fore's mother hen tendencies to all living at the Raystown Home for Orphan and Friendless Children. The entire cast of characters was so varied and unique, and I found that by the end there wasn't anyone I didn't like! 
I love stories of small town folks sticking together through thick and thin! Mr and Mrs Lawson particularly made me smile. ;) 
Blaine was the perfect gentleman and hero, while remaining realistic and human. His selflessness and devotion to the kids and the Raystown Home was really sweet!
Earl Glazier made me laugh out loud at certain parts with his flamboyance- a strange thing in such a quiet, down to earth town!
The cover for this book is what first caught my attention! It's simply beautiful! to be precise, beautifully simple. ;) I love the bright colors! Also, I appreciate that Sadie is described as she looks on the front- a little thing, but convenient. (She even wears the blue dress! :D)
There were so many quotes from this book that made me stop and think and get choked up! 
I am looking forward to reading more from this author in the near future. :)

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment