Monday, September 2, 2013

Quote-A-Day: The Three Musketeers



“All for one and one for all, united we stand divided we fall.” 

“You are very amiable, no doubt, but you would be charming if you would only depart.” 

“Never fear quarrels, but seek hazardous adventures.” 

“As a general rule,'he had once said, 'people ask for advice only in order not to follow it; or, if they do follow it, in order to have someone to blame for giving it.'"

“A rogue does not laugh in the same way that an honest man does; a hypocrite does not shed the tears of a man of good faith. All falsehood is a mask; and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always succeed in distinguishing it from the true face.” 

“I do not cling to life sufficiently to fear death.” 

“The merit of all things lies in their difficulty.” 

“Besides we are men, and after all it is our business to risk our lives.” 

“Within six months, if I am not dead, I shall have seen you again, madam--even if I have to overturn the world.” 

“I do not often laugh, sir, as you may perceive by the air of my countenance; but nevertheless, I retain the privilege of laughing when I please.” 

“I came to Paris with four écus in my pocket, and I’d have fought with anybody who told me I was in no condition to buy the Louvre.” 

“What fragile and unknown threads the destinies of nations and the lives of men are suspended.” 

“In which it is proved that, notwithstanding their names' ending in OS and IS, the heroes of the story which we are about to have the honor to relate to our readers have nothing mythological about them.” 

“I have lost my friends," D'Artagnan said ruefully, burying his head in his hands. "I have nothing left but the bitterest of recollections..."
Two large tears rolled down his cheeks.
"You are young," Athos answered. "Your bitter recollections have the time requisite to change into the happiest of memories.” 

Sincerely,



No comments:

Post a Comment