Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Quote-A-Day: Dr. Seuss


Dr. Seuss

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” 

“I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” 

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” 

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” 

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” 

“A person's a person, no matter how small.” 

“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” 

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” 

“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!” 

“You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting,
So... get on your way!” 

“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.” 

“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!” 

“Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”

“I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent!” 

“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!” 

“You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.”

“They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!” 

“I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone.” 

“Remember me and smile, for it's better to forget than to remember me and cry.” 

“Be awesome! Be a book nut!” 

“When beetles fight these battles in a bottle with their paddles 
and the bottle's on a poodle and the poodle's eating noodles...
...they call this a muddle puddle tweetle poodle beetle noodle 
bottle paddle battle.” 

“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.” 

“You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.” 

“There's no limit to how much you'll know, depending how far beyond zebra you go.” 

“It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become.” 

“Try them, try them, and you may! Try them and you may, I say.” 

Stay awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment