Monday, October 14, 2013

A Talent for Trouble

17384523
"Miss Felicia Murdock firmly believed her destiny was to become a minister's wife. Then the minister on whom she had set her sights marries another lady..."

*sigh* The only thing that makes finishing this book bearable is being able to look forward to the Match of Wits to be released in the upcoming year. :D

A Talent for Trouble was a delightful romp through New York's finest social gatherings, to it's most dismal slums- all of which were full of laughs, banter, endearing characters, and many strange-yet-hilarious situations. (Felicia's singing performance on Mott street nearly had me fainting from lack of oxygen! xD)

"...Grayson Sumner has had  enough of spreading his wings and only hopes to settle into the life of a normal, respectable New York gentleman...he is surprised to encounter a young lady who seems quite determined to get herself into all sorts of troublesome situations... "

My favorite scene: Zayne and Grayson disguised as women, not knowing the other is as well, and mentally remarking on each other as "rather large women", from across the room. (And of course Zayne trying to show Grayson how to walk properly in a dress. My, my...;)) 

My favorite character: (I think I've said that Zayne is my favorite character for each of these books, so I'll just bypass that and let if be concluded, without being repetitive. ^_^) Felicia. I liked that she knew she wasn't perfect- and didn't continually try to be. On the contrary- her being willing to sing in public was proof of that. ;)

"...Intent on remaining independent, Felicia is reluctant to accept Grayson's help, especially as she finds herself developing feelings for him... just as Grayson decides he's had quite enough of her antics..."

I was really excited when I read on the synopsis that Grayson was the hero of this story, cause I was really curious to know what happened in China and all that stuff that was eluded to in books 1 and 2. It was really interesting and very unique! I loved the parts with Gray and Sam, and also with him and Piper. ;) 

"...will Grayson and Felicia decide to spend the rest of their lives keeping one another out of trouble?"

A very satisfying ending! Loved revisiting all the old familiar characters and once again witnessing the joined forces of the three mothers ~ I find it funny that they come across as hilarious and a bit pushy, and are clearly seen as "comedic extras", but when you think about it, the plot always comes out how they were hoping in the end and it makes you stop and wonder who the real heroine(s) actually are. ;)

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment