Friday, August 9, 2013

The Secret Keeper

The author of To Die For returns to the court of Henry VIII, as a young woman is caught between love and honor. What she sees in secret, she may not tell.

Wow! what to say?! Other than there was nothing I can say bad about this book! It has made it onto my ultimate favorites list, which is rare! VERY. :)
Mrs. Byrd always has a way to make me happy, sad, angry, ECSTATIC, hopeful, and thankful for a family that loves me. ;) And she is also one of the few authors who can actually make me cry! XD now THAT is a rare thing indeed! ;)
I also thank Mrs. Byrd for not only giving us a CLEAN romance, (and I do mean, clean; it's so hard to find good books these days that aren't "contaminated" in some way- ESPECIALLY about the Tudors) I would thank her for tying Jesus Christ into it through Bible verses, views and praise. now THAT makes it a good book, and that is even MORE rare than a clean book.

I LOVED the heroine of the story: Mistress Juliana St. John. In so many ways she reminded me of myself and I found myself drawn to her as I would be to a best friend! She handles herself well and ladylike in all situations but still finds humor and reasons to be happy in most scenarios as well. I love her quick tongue; whether its in speaking up for friends/family or giving a witty reply. Bottom-line: she was a heroine to be looked up to. 

Now for the hero:.....what can I say? he was superb! non-comparable. :) He reminded me much of Henry Tilney, who just so happens to be my favorite Jane Austen hero. ;) Kind, cheerful, honorable, loyal, and with a good sense of humor. :D I could easily see JJ Field portraying him in a much-hoped-for film. :)

And of course! Queen Kateryn Parr! I am a Tudor history FREAK and Mistress Parr is my favorite of Henry's six wives. He didn't deserve her, in my opinion, but she was a good, faithful wife to him anyway. So as much as I HIGHLY enjoyed Mrs Byrds' To Die For: A Novel of Anne Boleyn hearing that the next installment was about KP made my jaw drop and feet dance a jig of happiness. and OH did it meet my expectations!!!! -NO! it FAR exceeded them!
this is a MUST READ for ALL historical romance/Tudor fans! I highly recommend many times that you all read this book- you WILL enjoy! 

Well done, Mrs. Byrd! 11 out of 10 stars! Keep up your AMAZING work and God bless!

Sincerely,
-Satisfied Reader



No comments:

Post a Comment